Membership of the CTISS is open in principle to anyone who shares the Centre’s aims and objectives and can demonstrate an active commitment to research and scholarship in a relevant subject or across a number of fields.
There are five main membership categories as follows:
1. Full members are staff or Emeritus Professors of the Department of Languages & Intercultural Studies in the School of Social Sciences at Heriot-Watt University.
2. Postgraduate research members are research students of the Department of Languages & Intercultural Studies in the School of Social Sciences at Heriot-Watt University (either PhD, MPhil or Masters by Research)
3. Alumni members are PhD graduates of the Department of Languages & Intercultural Studies in the School of Social Sciences at Heriot-Watt University
4. Affiliate members are staff and research students from other Departments in the School of Social Sciences, or from other Schools or Institutes at Heriot-Watt University
5. Associate members are staff and research students from external research institutions who have been recommended and/ or endorsed by Full members.
For the above categories, the key criterion for sustained membership is a member's ability to demonstrate an active and ongoing commitment to the work of the CTISS.
The Director, in consultation with the advisory board and members, may accept a nomination for individuals to be appointed by the School of Social Science as a Visiting Scholar. Such nominations will normally reflect a specific, major contribution to the CTISS's strategic aims and objectives, details of which are normally agreed in writing as part of the individual's formal appointment to admit other individuals to CTISS membership.
Anyone interested in becoming a member or visiting scholar of CTISS should email email@example.com for details.